Friday, August 26, 2011

Review : Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready


Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
(Shade #1)
Aura and her boyfriend are anticipating a special evening: it's Logan's 17th birthday, his band is playing an important gig, and they have intimate plans for the after party. However, things go horribly wrong when Logan drinks heavily, takes the cocaine that a record label rep gave to him, and dies. Logan is gone, but not really. Aura, like everyone else aged 16 and younger, was born after the Shift and can see and talk to ghosts. This ability has long annoyed her, and she has yearned to find out why the phenomenon happened so that she can end it. Now, still very much in love, Aura is ecstatic to see and hear Logan's spirit, though they can't touch. Then Zachary, a new boy, enters the picture and he and Aura discover that they share a mysterious bond: they were born one minute apart (he the last one pre-Shift and she the first after). Meanwhile, Logan's parents decide to sue the record label for providing their son with drugs, hoping that Logan will pass on if they win. If he doesn't find peace, he risks becoming a shade, a violent emanation considered a public-safety threat.

  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 415 KB
  • Print Length: 336 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1416994068
  • Publisher: Simon Pulse; Reprint edition (May 4, 2010)
  • Sold by: Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B003HB6WWY

Review : 5x5 What a ride! 
Jeri Smith-Ready is Amazing! Ok so it takes alot to get me emotional during a book, normally I get into the story and all and get pulled into the world created which I love, BUT this book did that and much more! I was totally happy when Aura was and oh the sad feeling and confusion and so much more. 0.o I am only invested in the characters like this with 2 other books... and I read ALOT!

Aura has to make tough choices and sometimes I was all for what she does and others I'm like ok enough! Logan is just rock-star material and has the attitude to go with, sometimes with him I was like awww and others it was like really think of someone else!

and then there is Zachary... I so understand everyones loyalty to him(fanwise) cause I was snared by him. I couldn't say enough about him if I tried. THIS BOOK IS A MUST READ IF YOU ARE BEHIND LIKE ME lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...