Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi


First off, hey everyone! This is my first post for this blog and I'm super excited. However, I'm a total slacker and this is an old review that I had on my blog from last summer. Good news though, tomorrow my last day of grad school ever (!!) so expect more reviews soon. 




 Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi is a book that is very near and dear to my heart. I was so drawn to this story and couldn't put Hazel Grace (my Kindle) down! Here is the general synopsis and my review:


          Aria has been thrown out of her community and is forced to survive on the outside. She meets an outsider named Perry, who has saved her life once before. The two embark on a journey to save Perry’s nephew and to prove Aria’s innocence in hopes of the ability to return home. The longer she is out in the wilderness, the more she learns about herself, Perry, and her society as a whole.

  Good
- Aria and Perry do not immediately trust one another. They both come from completely different worlds and it would make no sense for them to automatically give up their previous views. Their relationship grows as the book develops. It's really hard to get me to buy into the insta-love thing. 
- Aria isn’t portrayed as a whining girly girl. Yes, she has grown up inside a bubble (basically) but she puts on her big girl panties and gets over it. Tough girls FTW.  
- I loved the dual narration. It provided the reader with a better understanding of the different communities as well as how their thoughts slowly change about one another. 
- Roar cracked me up! It was great to see other characters that weren’t completely flat. I think he was a great part of the book!

  Bad
- I wanted to learn more about the Realms and other aspects of the society. Hopefully it will be discussed in the next book. 
- This really isn’t something that is technically a bad aspect about the book but the ending left me yelling at Hazel Grace yet again. I know it sets you up for the next book but my love of fictional characters causes me to freak out a little bit when I’m left without closure.

 Overall, I abso-freaking-lutely loved this book! I always can gauge how much I love a book by how much I miss the characters when I’m done reading and I definitely missed these characters. I give this book 5 stars and I will be reading and reviewing the sequel soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...