Friday, October 12, 2012

Flight & First by Alyssa Rose Ivy **Review**


Flight (The Crescent Chronicles #1)
Alyssa Rose Ivy
published : Aug. 16th 2012
Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.

First *Levi POV* found in Midnight Surrender
Authored by: Charlotte Abel, Kelly D. Cooper, Shannon Dermott, Laura A.H. Elliott, Alyssa Rose Ivy, Amy M. Jones, Airicka Phoenix



Some of the industries best selling 'new adult' paranormal romance authors have come together to bring you a collection of short stories inspired by their most popular novels. Get alternate point-of-views from your hottest book boyfriends. Learn about the early days of the relationships that you've grown to love. And find out how some of the early challenges faced by your favorite characters have shaped the novels you can't get enough of.


Alyssa Rose Ivy is a Young Adult and New Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Find Alyssa on the web:
Twitter | Blog | Facebook

Find Flight on the web:
Goodreads | Amazon 

Find Midnight Surrender on the web:
Amazon


Review : Flight 

So I have only read one other of Alyssa' books *Derailed* which is a contemp book. We should all know by now that while those are not really "my thang" I do enjoy them every now and then. Derailed was Great! I thoroughly enjoyed it. So I thought hey I like the way this gal writes... let's see how Flight is.... So.Glad.I.Did this book was like Woah!

**Edited to say That COVER could not be any more perfect! Every aspect of it fits in PERFECTLY!!


Allie.. What a great female character! Pretty, smart, wealthy*but doesn't flaunt it*, strong character... what is not to love. She has sworn off men after some trouble and well when she arrives in New Orleans, let's just say she doesn't stand a chance. I love how she handles herself, in all situations. Her friend Jess.. she was ok but I couldn't really get into her other than she was there. I really got pissed at her at one point.


Levi.. What can I say... *Hottness* arrogant? yes... But as the story goes along, Not so much! This guy has it all! He is smart, sexy and Alpha! Adventure is sure to be had anytime Levi and his buddies are around.

"You said you wanted an adventure," he said quietly, teasingly, as he tightened his hold.
He has that "bad boy" appeal to him. I fell for him with his smooth talking and not giving up attitude. He wan't pushy and never took things "too far" when he met Allie. There are times when I would be all swoony over him and something he says...
Levi moved toward me, practically pinning me against the wall. "Your opinion always counts, but I already told you I'm not calling you what everyone else does. I'm going to have my own name for you."
The story line was great! NO, you won't get spoilers from me *winks* It's unique and exciting... Then it gets dangerous! Cannot wait to see what happens next! The other characters Owen , Jared, Haley .. I adored each of them although at one point I wanted to punch one of them in the face... he totally made up for it later!

 Alyssa Rocked My Face Off with this one! 



First : 


Chapter 1 of Flight from Levi... *squeee* Don't read this until after you read Flight. It just makes it that MUCH better! Dipping into Levi' head was wicked cool. That was perfect! Alyssa captured Levi as he is.. she didn't change him at all, you just get to see what he was thinking meeting Allie. Not what you think.. well ok maybe it is *grins*


This is definitely worth getting just so that you can get to know Levi better, well plus Owen and Jared are there and well I totes heart them too.



1 comment:

  1. I loved Flight and First. I can't wait to hear more about Levi and those other fly boys of his. Yay! I hope Alyssa writes fast!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...