Monday, October 29, 2012

Inescapable Read-Along Chapters 1-5



WOOHOO today is the 29th!! You know what that means right? The Premonition Series read-along has begun!! Fan-freaking-tastic!!! Each day the Supa Gurls will post a little chapter by chapter chat, fun trivia questions and other nuggets of fun as we read through each book. Keep an eye out for give-a-ways and please let us know what you think of the chapters as you go along either on your blog or in the comments section as well. So let's get reading...


Today we are tackling chapters One through Five of "Inescapable!"


C:  Ahhh, look at that little white feather on the cover.  I think I’ve seen that somewhere before!  So excited to start this book again it’s been like 10 ten months!  Here I go....
AM:I read it in the summer, it’s a little fresh for me but I’m still excited!!!
SG: Need to figure out how to re-read this while finishing Incendiary *flails about* **Note, Done now**
C: Jealous!!
SG: This is one of the things I love about this series … The beautiful covers!
C:  Right off the bat I love Uncle Jim because he is rocking on to Baba O’Reily!
SG: I love this! I also love the banter with Evie and Jim, it is so great! Jim is just awesome from the get go. I mean come on how cool would that be to have an uncle that cool as your “guardian.”

AM: Uncle Jim and Evie seem to have such a good relationship. You can tell that they both really love each other. “He grunts before saying, 'Judging by the weight, I’d say it has to be either your ex-boyfriend’s dead remains or… books.” Pressing the front of the box against the wall, he tries to keep from dropping it. “Ah, it must be books— all of my exes are buried in the backyard at home, so pleasant dreams when you get there tonight,” I reply with a smirk, putting my alarm clock on the nightstand near my bed.” <3
~~~~~~~~~~
AM: Evie first meets Reed in Chapter 2, aaaahhhhh!  
C: Aaaahhh is right!   “I notice the curve of his neck and his strong jaw line..” *swoons* Hubba, hubba who is this hunky boy glaring at me??  Oh and lordy the fluttering!  
AM: “His dark hair slips down over one eyebrow. My hand wants to brush his hair back into place, to feel the texture of it.” LORD DO I!!! Lol  
SG: Oh Reed... I am instantly like *swoon* even though he’s kind of an ass.
AM: Such an arse!!! *Hehe I said arse.*
C: Something else interesting here is this line by Evie “Suddenly, I feel very protective of Alfred.”  Foreshadowing??  
AM: *Argh* The mention of Alfred makes me angry and obviously a pirate. Lol
SG: I really like him... he’s a nerdy needy kinda guy... *gah* *head desk*
~~~~~~~~~~

AM: Chapter 3 Russell *swoons*


Amy's pic for Russell
C:  “Shoot girls” its Russell ;) hehe.  I love his humor, teasing Evie that he is going to propose to Reed because of all the swooning the other Freshman girls are doing.
SG: I really like Russell … but I think he is just a really cool guy not like "OH! Evie run to him!" LOL
AM: I love Russell! These were the moments where, how could anyone not love him? How could someone NOT be “Team Russell?”
AM: PS sooo love this quote: “Some guys adopt a swagger to look more like players, but this is no swagger; this is raw, aggressive power that is restrained just enough for me to admire the strength it takes to control it.”

C: *rawr* 
SG: *Rawr* is right
C:  So as hot as Reed is he is scary in Chapter 3..agree?  Russ is already in love with Evie!  So sweet.  OH and peeps the first mention of Twinkies occurs in Chapter 3!!
AM: Scary/Douche-y. It’s all the same, lol.
SG: Maybe... but I think that was just adding to his list of *rawr* for me … yes I’m deranged as we all know!
~~~~~~~~~~
C:  Chapter 4 Registration- Oh boy the guys are tripping with the rating system (I think SupaGurlBooks is about to have fun with that soon.) Ah, Reed and Evie have a serious talk- this is where I completely fall in love with Reed.
AM: Really?!? Do share.
C:  Share why I fell in love??
SG: YES! please share :)
AM: Not why? But what part in this chapter wooed you?  I just don’t see it, in this particular chapter. (However, it does happen for me/to me later in the book.) *Blushes*
C:  Okay, first he makes the little quips about her being pre-law which is just so cute.  But really it is when he...pulls her cheek to cheek and whispers in her ear that they are “completely and utterly screwed.”  I feel like that and the little fish conversation show him starting to develop feelings for her.
SG: *Sigh* I do love everything this guy does... and all the pulling in close and things just makes my tummy flutter so you KNOW it’s effecting Evie like cray cray!
AM: For me, I love this little section with Reed and Evie and the butterflies. >>> “Okay, how about an easier question. Why does my stomach flutter like it’s filled with a thousand butterflies whenever I get near you? And I don’t mean when I see you, I mean before I see you,”
C: Mine too Evie, mine too. *sigh*  Btw, anyone else go “huh?” at Russell’s paradox?  
AM: ME!!!!! *Thought I was the only one confused or a bad student, lol.*
C:  Argh, Russell doesn’t know Evie..stupid Reed again!
SG: Is it bad that this made me kinda giggle … Well really it did. I was like *high five* Go Reed!
AM: OMG!! Not me! These were one of the moments when Reed's "protectiveness" is douche-y in the beginning. My poor Russell, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5 Field Hockey
C:  We meet Buns and Brownie!  I love these girls they would so much fun to hang out with.  
SG: I was all like these are the COOLEST girls everrrrr! I would so hang with them and you know all the fun to be had!
AM: I was weary of both of them in the beginning, Reed and his overprotectiveness was getting to me and I was constantly on the lookout for sharks. However Buns and Brownie ended up being the real deal and I love them. These are some cool BFF's. 
C: Reed to the rescue!  I would so clutch at his shirt too if he came to fix me up and that Tamara would so be getting a Drain-o cocktail the next day!  
AM: Drain-o cocktail!!!!!! Lmaoooo (Heather's reference!)
Anyhoo, love this quote, "then my eyes fall on Reed standing with his lacrosse stick in both his hands, watching me. The fluttering sensation that causes constant upheaval inside of me when Reed is near grows so intense that I start to move to him involuntarily." <<<That gave me butterflies. I love how Reed totally takes control. He doesn't give anyone else an option not even Russell. It's as if he staked what was his right from the beginning. *Winks* I think these were the moments when the Reed shined for me. My knight! (I meant Evie's knight. Lol)

One last quote from Chapter 5, that was completely awesome, is the last passage of this chapter. "If I could walk at all, I would get out of the car and go after Russell. But as it is, I can’t even lift my knee without being overcome with nausea from the pain. So I have to sit and watch as Russell walks slowly away, leaving me again at the mercy of Reed." Hmmmmm, does Russell still have a chance in Evie's heart???



Crestwood College
Trivia Fun

1) What is the “trademark of the school?”  
2) Who is Mephistopheles?”
3) What does Reed do to Russell in Chapter 3?
4) What is the significance of Russell’s necklace?
5) What is Buns ‘real’ name?

Finish this quote, “Naw, that wasn’t my idea. So I’ll get some earplugs. Then ___________________________________"

Alright readers- what do you think? Who are you diggin' on right now? What scenes or comments make you flutter? Fill us in and join us again tomorrow for more awesomeness :)
Dont forget, tweet us your teams!! @girl10029 @SPNHeather @chelemybelles

Answer the Daily Trivia Questions and be entered to WIN a SupaAwesome Premonition Sling Bag!!! **It's PINK** Answer them in the comments extra if you tweet/FB the daily posts and leave a link :)






13 comments:

  1. I love you guys. Truly. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm first!

    1) What is the “trademark of the school?” The clock tower...
    2) Who is Mephistopheles?” A demon
    3) What does Reed do to Russell in Chapter 3? Makes him walk away from Evie and get on the bus
    4) What is the significance of Russell’s necklace? Evie sees these symbols in her nightmares, they signify a vicious cycle for eternity.
    5) What is Buns ‘real’ name? Christine

    Finish this quote, “Naw, that wasn’t my idea. So I’ll get some earplugs. Then I'' rip his arm off and beat him with it!"

    I agree about Uncle Jim, his banter with Evie was totally cute.
    i have to admit I knew nothing about this book going in, I don't even think I read the description all the way through, but I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite parts (because I have read all 3 books like 4 times!) is when Reed confronts Russell and Evie at the lake after the freshmen/new kid orientation. Reed sends Russell back to the buses to leave and Evie is stuck with Russell. I LOVE when she tries to taser him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok... I hate that it was anonymous! :) Tricia Marble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) What is the “trademark of the school?” The clock tower
    2) Who is Mephistopheles?” A demon. But Evie ask Reed if thats his name.
    3) What does Reed do to Russell in Chapter 3? He makes him leave Evie and get on the bus. Also he make him briefly forget who Evie is.
    4) What is the significance of Russell’s necklace?Evie dreams about it. Its an infinity symbol, his family uses it as a joke. Russell's paradox.
    5) What is Buns ‘real’ name? Christine Bonds.

    Finish this quote, “Naw, that wasn’t my idea. So I’ll get some earplugs. Then I'll rip his arm off and beat him with it."

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) What is the “trademark of the school?”ClockTower
    2) Who is Mephistopheles?” a demon, But Evie refers to Reed as Mephistopheles
    3) What does Reed do to Russell in Chapter 3? Makes him leave Evie and get on the bus
    4) What is the significance of Russell’s necklace? It is in Evie's nightmares, I need to know why!!!
    5) What is Buns ‘real’ name? Christine Bonds

    Finish this quote, “Naw, that wasn’t my idea. So I’ll get some earplugs. Then _I'll rip his arm off and beat him with it" (I LOVE Russell!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you Arlene, hehe, right now I am #TeamRussell! A fellow North Carolinian after my own heart LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg Beth...I totally forgot that! Yay NC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1) What is the “trademark of the school?” The clock tower!
    2) Who is Mephistopheles? Evie asks Reed if that's his name.
    3) What does Reed do to Russell in Chapter 3? Gets him to leave Evie and go back to the bus.
    4) What is the significance of Russell’s necklace? Evie dreams about it in her nightmares.
    5) What is Buns ‘real’ name? Christine Bonds

    Finish this quote, “Naw, that wasn’t my idea. So I’ll get some earplugs. Then I'll rip his arm off and beat him with it."

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1) What is the “trademark of the school?” clock tower (I think an arch is way cooler...aka the symbol of UGA)
    2) Who is Mephistopheles?” demon :p
    3) What does Reed do to Russell in Chapter 3? makes him go back to the bus with his power of persuasion
    4) What is the significance of Russell’s necklace? it's in Evie's nightmares or you know Premonitions...Dun Dun Dun!
    5) What is Buns ‘real’ name? Christine... how the heck did they get Buns?

    Finish this quote, “Naw, that wasn’t my idea. So I’ll get some earplugs. Then I'll rip his arm off and beat him with it." (my dad says this all the time about the hypothetical guy that i will eventually bring home to meet the 'rents.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...