Saturday, May 19, 2012

Guest Teen Review of Obsidian by Jennifer L . Armentrout

I have the coolest girl around town Savannah typed up a review for me... She is 16 and well here ya go :) 


Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.


Review: 


Amazing! Absolutely mind consuming! Out of this World! This book had to be the most indulging book I have ever read. I couldn't put the book down. It pulled me in the first few chapters and kept me interested. As soon as I was done reading it, I hated that I didn't have the second book.


Every time I put the book down, I couldn't help to to itch in frustration because I wanted to run away to my debroom and read more! This book took paranormal to a whole new level. Every chapter was exhilarating and absorbed me more and more into the book. "Obsidian" was the best book I have ever read. And so I decided to read it a few more times!


When I first read the back of the book and a friend had told me it was about aliens, I was a little hesitant. I have read everything from vampires to zombies but never about aliens. I had this picture in my head of slimy, gross alien taking over the world or something and that being the climax to the book. 


After reading "Obsidian", I would recommend this book to EVERYONE! This book completely blew me away!

Now just let me tell ya... I had her take this book to read and within 24 hours she was calling me telling me this was the BEST book she had ever read! She absolutely LOVED it... And she borrows and reads all my books :) 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review! Obsidian is one of the best books I've read this year. I agree- I was pining for book two the second I had finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...