Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The One by Heather Self *Review*





The One by Heather Self

Stranded on Earth two thousand years they’ve waited for the arrival of the One: some to save her, others to kill her. With her birth, the ancient prophecy could at last be fulfilled and the doorway between the worlds would open. Those who know the prophecy believe this event occurred almost eighteen years ago, and now, they’ll stop at nothing to find her.


Seventeen-year-old Eveline has lived her entire life on the move and she hates it. She knows her parents believe she’s the One, and they’ve done whatever it takes to stay one step ahead of those who want her dead. But Eveline isn’t fully convinced that her parents’ beliefs match her own. What she does believe is that Leadville, Colorado may be the chance she’s been waiting for. The chance to be somewhere safe. The chance for her to make friends and have fun. The chance to finally date a guy. The chance to be a normal girl, at least as normal as possible for someone not human.

 Find this Fantastic Heather *I love that she has the same name as me* on the web! 



Review: 

I have been waiting to read this for just a bit *note not as long as some* but yeah. I had a feeling it was going to be Awesome.... I was Totally Right! This is Heather's Debut novel and she hit it out of the park. 

Great story line and executed very well! Within the first 2 or 3 chapters you fall into it no problem. I was also like #Woah at one point, not mad but GREAT writing :) You will see...

Eveline *shorting to E* is a great character! She is sheltered in some ways, but she is not a brat. She is not perfect, but flawed and real. E has had it ruff moving from here to there and that has helped build her into the person she is. I got her right off, and really like her! From her Amazing colored eyes to the really Cool multi-colored hair she rocks.

Liam is a Smokin character... The instant that he is introduced I liked him. He is smart, funny and Loyal above all else. He takes what he is and does very seriously. He cares deeply for those in his family and his friends. I was infatuated from go.

Then we meet Chase and I went *swoony* yes! I did... What a great character! He had me at go! Tall, smart, fun, strong and Loyal with an attitude... and he's Australian *swoon* Everything about him even his flaws made me goo. 

*Told Heather this was my Chase*


The other characters in this book are all so well written and whole. They are not just background fillers. They each have their own personalities and you can tell they were all well thought out. The whole story has that feel.. Well thought out and planned. Everything flows really well and there are no gaping holes in the story. LOVED IT!!

I actually have her My Queen of Swoon title along with Shelly Crane... 


No seriously she totally earned it! You must check this book out and see for yourself!!


2 comments:

  1. Lol! YES! My crown is there ;) ty so much girl! I love it and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice review, especially about the characters.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...