Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review of Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Paperback, First, 266 pages
Published December 6th 2011 by Entangled Publishing

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.
Find Jennifer on the Web: | Goodreads | Blog | Twitter |

Review: 5x5 

Warning...I may fangirl on this post I will try to restrain myself! 
Ok this is a fun, fast-paced, exciting and hot story. I love the story line *NOT COMPARING HERE* I loved Roswell when it came on tv, Not the same but still. There isn't a dull moment in here. Keeps on pace and you don't want to skip huge chunks!

Katy... when we meet her she is shy and is just fine blogging.. ON HER BOOK BLOG *love it* new in town and needing directions, meet douchebag *her words not mine* next door neighbor. Let me just take a second to say she is a push over it seems but as the story progresses she grows into her self and man is she KICK Butt!

Dee...I love her! she is bubbly and fun and so full of life. She is desperate for a friend. She thinks she can find that in Katy. I love her personality she goes 100 miles a minute but is really sweet and caring.

Daemon... *squeee* ok ok, done I hope. From the first time you meet him... well he is an ASS. No really he is but wow does he look good doing it. He is snarky, and sometimes downright mean *you will get an insight as to why* but he is also, cool, calm, and very protective. No I am not a fan of his being a jerk and that doesn't make me fall for him, why and such is why I fall for him.

I would recommend this to ... EVERYONE! 


4 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book. I have read it twice, and I constantly flip through it just to read some really great lines. This is one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...this book rocked! Loved it! Just finished this one earlier this week. 5 star rating for me too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading this installment, but I really do not like the cover and cannot explain why :) I do really enjoy this authors writing and will pick it up for that and try to overlook my shallowness LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're looking for a book that includes hot, alien boys, plenty of sarcasm, sizzling chemistry (which leads to one hot little scene), the right amount of laugh out loud moments and is over all is one of those books you can't get enough of, then I'd recommend picking up Obsidian! I think YA fans are going to fall in love with Daemon & Kat. There is some mild language found through out the book and one well written sensual scene.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...