Friday, January 27, 2012

Review of Released by Megan Duncan

Paperback, 260 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by CreateSpace


After a demon apocalypse kills their parents and everyone they know, 17-year old Abby Phillips, her brother, Carter, and friend, Max flee their home to travel through what has become the wastelands of America. When radio transmissions of a resistance offering shelter and safety cease, Abby is tempted to give up. Struggling to overcome life-threatening obstacles in their dangerous journey, Abby and her companions quickly discover there are much worse things lurking in the dark than they could have ever imagined.
Find Megan on the web:  Goodreads | Blog | Facebook | 


Review: 



Post apocalyptic, demons running loose and teenagers fighting for their lives! Sign me up!!  The world Megan has created here is Fierce and dangerous. While going through the story you can really get a feel for it and put yourself there. There is a bit of it all...Action, horror, romance, and family! Great world building!!


Abby, I really like her. She is just doing her best to be the same person she has always been. She is not an all out hardcore Alice *RE mention* but she can hold her own without a doubt. She keeps it together *for the most part* better than most while still remaining human.


Carter her brother is the brain of the group! he has his own way of dealing with the world as it is. He's a great brother to Abby and watches out for her.


Max... Ok, I'm going to gush here :) Strong bold protective. He does great dealing with what is delt to them and keeps it moving. He can make you laugh too and mostly keeps his cool. Just WOW! I would want him around if I were stuck in this world. Just Sayin.


The people/things met in the book are so what I would be worried about *although there are things I didn't see coming* I love that :) This book delivers an amazing adventure it's a must read!!



4 comments:

  1. This book sounds like a fun ride. I note from the labels that it is a series, I will be hopping over to check this out more. I love a good series, especially where there are likable characters and good world building. Thanks for sharing you fun review today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you read a lot of demon books. :P lol

    I think if the world broke out into a demon apocalypse, I would just take that pretty little gun she has on the cover and shoot myself with it. I'm far from being girly, I don't even pain my nails, except for in the summer. lol. But.... demons... dying... eating squirrels "not sure if they did that", well anyway, I'm all about sitting on my couch.

    However... if they were hot demons..... well, we wont go there. lol

    Oh and I had a gun sorta like that one in the army... I named him fluffy. I have a pic of him somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont mind demons, ill read it! have to start reading blogs where the reviews are no good......too many books being added to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...